More and more patients have begun crowding dental cabinets all over the world over the past two decades, as it seems like people are finally growing more concerned about their oral health more than ever before. Whether we are talking about more minor procedures like fillings, teeth cleaning or whitening, or more complex ones like implants or mouth reconstructions, Metcalf Dental does it all.
The advanced laser dentistry in Oak Brook Il is one of the most modern procedures which, despite being available to the general public as early as the 1900s, it is only now that’s gaining more popularity than ever. It can be used to treat a wide variety of dental problems, and it is overall more cost-effective, more reliable, and often it doesn’t even require anesthesia.
It can be used in:
- Detecting and treating cavities – Laser-based procedures are often more effective at detecting cavities in their early stages of development, as well as more proficient in sterilizing the affected tooth, by destroying the entire bacterial mass infecting it.
- Eliminating teeth sensitivity – This can be achieved by using the laser to seal the tooth’s tubules and protect against temperature changes inflicting pain in the tooth’s root.
- Reshaping the patient’s smile – Some patients have the so-called “gummy smile” where the smile reveals too much of the gum. The look can be rather unpleasant, and many people would resort to laser treatments to reshape their soft tissue.
- Pain reliever – Patients suffering from temporomandibular joint pain (TMD) can benefit from advanced laser dentistry in Oak Brook Il, a technique which will reduce pain and inflammation in the area.
- Delivering regenerative properties – More modern dental cabinets will use lasers to help speed up the regeneration of the tissue after invasive dental procedures.
Overall, the laser technique aids by delivering faster and more effective results.
The future of dentistry
Nowadays, dentistry is a lot different than it was several decades ago. New tools, techniques, and services appear regularly or get upgraded with time. Lasers represent one of the best dental procedures today, and there is no doubt that it will gain even more popularity in the future.
The benefits include:
- Significantly less bleeding – During the intervention, the lasers will cauterize the tissue, along with the blood vessels in the area, which means that the bleeding will be minimum.
- Higher precision – Laser cuts are incredibly precise, compared to those inflicted with a scalpel. This means that the surrounding tissue will receive fewer damages compared to the latter option.
- No bacterial infection – Laser interventions will heal faster and will sterilize the area, neutralizing bacteria and minimizing the risk of infections during the post-surgery period.
- Doesn’t require anesthesia in some cases – This is a great addition because some people are allergic to anesthetics. Not to mention that the whole intervention is more comfortable when there’s no anesthesia included.
We, at Metcalf Dental, us advanced laser dentistry in Oak Brook Il whenever possible, due to its many benefits compared to traditional methods. A dental intervention has to be painless and effective – two things that only define modern and advanced dental services.Advanced Laser Dentistry Oak Brook IL
We welcome your comments!
Metcalf’s dental goal is complete health dentistry for all of our patience. This means a healthy mouth free of infections to promote over all complete health. The mouth is the gateway to our bodies, and research is showing more connections with the mouth and serious illnesses that affect our bodies. Our exams are very thorough to allow you to make informed decisions about your dental health.