Active and advanced hygiene therapy done to remove as much debris below the gum line as possible and disrupt/destroy bacterial proliferation. Metcalf Dental provides Periodontist to our patients in need. We offer the best service and comfort from our staff with the best equipment. Our track record proves that our Periodontist patients will be satisfied with their visit.
Do You Have Gum Disease? Then You Need a Periodontist
It’s not always easy to tell if you suffer from gum disease or simple dental problems, not until it’s too late. Here are a few questions to help you find out if you’re suffering from a dental condition more severe than you previously thought.
- Are your gums red and swollen? Do they feel tender? Is there pain or any discomfort in your mouth?
- Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or floss? Is there pain when you eat hard food?
- Are your gums receding or pulling away from your teeth? If your teeth look longer than they did before, then that could be what’s happening.
- Do you have loose teeth? Are your teeth separating?
- Do you have sores in your mouth?
- Do you have persistent bad breath?
- Is there a noticeable change in the way your partial dentures fit?
- Are there pus deposits between your gums and teeth?
You may already be suffering from a serious infection. If you find yourself suffering from any of these symptoms, it’s best that you look for a periodontist in Oak Brook IL to treat you. You won’t have to look far for help, though. At Metcalf Dental, we have qualified experts on our team to help assess, diagnose and treat your condition.
Do I need to see a periodontist?
If you suffer from any of the symptoms on the list we provided above, then consulting with our staff is a must. However, studies also point out a link between increasing signs of periodontal disease and other chronic diseases of aging. This suggests that as you grow older, you’re much more likely to suffer from gum disease. This doesn’t mean, however, that young people are exempted from the condition. Stay on the safe side of things by watching out for symptoms that indicate your dental health has been compromised. If you think you’re dealing with gum disease, have it checked out by an experienced periodontist in Oak Brook IL. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for Periodontal Disease Treatment in Oak Brook IL.
How do I prevent periodontal disease?
The best way to prevent periodontal diseases is to regularly brush your teeth, floss, use mouthwash and see a qualified and trusted periodontist in Oak Brook IL. Watch out for any risk factors. Learn more information about how to prevent this condition. Ask us. Our experts can tell you all you need to know about Periodontal Treatment in Oak Brook IL.